Ballet Level 4 Class Details
Our most advanced dancers who are typically on path to dance professionally or in college. We incorporate professional dance company discipline and responsibility, hone our dance technique for classical and contemporary ballet. Students in this group typically have 12+ years of ballet training and are very passionate and driven when it comes to dance. We include more classical variations and contemporary works with modern and lyrical components and expose these students to as many guest artists as possible. Our instructors have been trained in Martha Graham techniques and have worked in professional dance companies. Dancers listen to classical and a wide variety of music genres while taking ballet barre, centre and variations.
We are an inclusive family of dancers and encourage students who succeed in Level 3 to advance to Level 4 when we see they're ready. Many of the Level 4 dancers are in the Saltmarsh Dance Company and give multiple performances throughout the year. Our Saltmarsh Dancers don't just love to dance, they NEED to dance and are passionate about it. We work hard together and enjoy expanding our musicality and fine tuning our craft.
Level 4 Tuition includes 3 Ballet classes; 2 Pointe classes and 2 Contemporary classes per week.
Weekly Level 4 Days & Times: (included in Level 4 tuition)
- Levels 3 & 4 Contemporary 6:30 - 8:00 PM (Saltmarsh/ Guest Artist Series)
- Level 4 Ballet 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM (Saltmarsh)
- Level 4 SaltmarshDance Contemporary 7:30 PM - 8:45 PM (Saltmarsh)
- Level 4 Ballet 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM (Saltmarsh/Brandt)
- Level 4 pointe tech /variations 7:40 PM - 8:45 PM (Saltmarsh)
- Open intermediate (Level 3/4) advanced Ballet includes Pointe 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM (Saltmarsh)
- SaltmarshDance Company Rehearsals 12:30 PM - 3:00 PM (Saltmarsh)
- See holiday breaks and payment details below for Level 4**
Registration opens August 15th. The first class is Aug 22. The last classes and/or prep for end-of-year showcase runs through June 4th.
New to Saltmarsh Dance, but think you might be a Level 4? Contact Ms. Saltmarsh to schedule a placement evaluation.
Classes are organized and priced for the year and can be pro-rated based on the monthly rate if starting later in the year. The schedule fits the school calendar year and avoids holidays.
Per student one-time registration fee is $25. For families with more than one child, your family will be charged a max of $50 for registration fee.
Tuition for Level 4 includes Ballet, Pre-Pointe, Pointe, Contemporary Level 4 Classes.
Note: There are three payment plans. Choose which works best for your family.
- **Payment for Level 4 includes Ballet, Pointe & Contemporary Level 4 Classes
- Annual Tuition (Save 10% on tuition payment due Aug 21 - 25) $3,240
- Bi-Annual Tuition (Save 5% on tuition payment due Aug 21 - 25 & Jan 3-5) $1,710 x 2
- Monthly Tuition (due by 1st of the month; a late fee of $25 is added after 5th) $360 per Month for 10 mos. Aug - May
Ballet Level 4 Attire:
- Ballet Pink Tights (recommend convertible types with hole in the foot and a wide waist band for comfort)
- Split sole leather or canvas ballet slippers in ballet pink (girls) and black ballet slippers (boys) (TBA: Updating for level 4)
- Girls wear leotard: (updating this info to specific color and brand TBA)
- Boys wear black dance tights or black shorts and a white t-shirt
- Pointe shoes are needed for those going en pointe. (Add recommendations for where to get fittings consultations...)
- Other details: TBA
Contemporary Level 4 Attire:
- (TBA: updating for Level 4)
- Bare feet, socks and jazz shoes needed