Ballet Level 3 Class Details
Our intermediate to advanced dancers expand and hone their dance vocabulary and technique for classical and contemporary ballet. Students in this group typically have 10+ years of ballet technique training and are eager to expand their dance capabilities including more advanced classical variations and contemporary works with modern and lyrical components. The schedule and technique required is significantly more than Level 2 and requires a placement evaluation if new to Saltmarsh Dance. Our teachers have been trained in classical ballet and contemporary techniques such as Martha Graham techniques and others. Dancers listen to classical and a wide variety of music genres while taking ballet barre, centre and variations.
We are an inclusive family of dancers and encourage students ages 12+ to be evaluated for placement. Our Saltmarsh Dancers don't just love to dance, they NEED to dance and are passionate about it. We work hard together and enjoy expanding our musicality and fine tuning our craft.
Level 3 Tuition includes 3 Ballet classes; 2 Pre-Pointe and/or Pointe classes and 2 Contemporary classes per week.
Weekly Ballet Level 3 Days & Times: Current schedule 2023 -2024
- Monday 6:30 - 8:00 pm Contemporary Level 3 & 4 mixed
- Tuesday 4:00 - 5:00 pm Ballet Level 3
- Tuesday 5:00 - 6:00 pm Contemporary Level 3
- Thursday 4:00 - 5:00 pm Ballet Level 3
- Thursday 5:00 - 6:00 pm En Pointe Level 3
- Saturday 9:30 - 10:30 am Pre-Pointe Mixed Level 2 & 3
- Saturday 10:30 - 12:00 pm En Pointe/ Intermediate / Advanced Level 3 & 4
See holiday breaks and payment details for Level 3**
CLASSES BEGIN WEEK OF AUGUST 21 - FINISH MAY 30, 2024,
SHOWCASE PREP WEEK FOLLOWS THROUGH JUNE 2, 2024
Registration open now.
New students will need a placement evaluation to determine which class level is appropriate. Sign up for the class you intend. Reach out and we'll help you determine what's best for your child.
Classes are organized and priced for the year and can be pro-rated based on the monthly rate if starting later in the year. The schedule fits the school calendar year and avoids holidays.
Tuition for Level 3 includes: Ballet, Pre-Pointe, Pointe, Contemporary Level 3 Classes
- Monthly Tuition (due by 1st of the month; a late fee of $25 is added after 5th) $345 per Month for 10 mos. Aug - May
Ballet Level 3 Attire:
- Ballet Pink / Skin Tone Tights (convertible types with hole in the foot and a wide waist band for comfort)
- Split sole leather or canvas ballet slippers in ballet pink / skin tone (girls) and black ballet slippers (boys). Shoes should go with the color of tights selected. For example, pink tights with pink shoes or skin tone tights with skin tone shoes, nearest match.
- Girls wear leotard: (updating this info to specific color and brand TBA)
- Boys wear black dance tights or black shorts and a white t-shirt
- Pointe shoes are needed for those going en pointe.
- Other details: TBA
Contemporary Level 3 Attire:
- (TBA: updating for Level 3)
- Bare feet, socks recommended
Saltmarsh Dance is a non-profit organization and operates on a tuition based program that covers the tuition term and outstanding teachers. For those who select the monthly fee tuition plan or any other, this is still an agreement for the entire dance season. We work together as a team and other dancers rely on your participation. Missing a scheduled class or being out for holidays is not a reason for refund and a makeup time may not be possible and is not required. Injuries or illnesses that require you to be out for awhile and later return are not eligible for refund. If you need to cancel before the year ends due to a move to another city, job loss or a serious injury or illness that prevents further participation during the year, please prepare a written request to cancel for a partial refund consideration. A 30+ day notice is required for cancelation considerations and will be reviewed individually.