Ballet Level 2 Information
Young ballet dancers will build a foundation in classical ballet. Students in this group are not new to ballet and are growing their dance foundation. Students stretch, learn new dance vocabulary, how to work together, focus on technique and how to channel their passion for dance. At the end of each class, we write in dance journals to record details to help remember new choreography, positions and expressions. Dancers listen to classical music while taking ballet barre and centre. We are an inclusive family of dancers and encourage students ages 7 - 12 to join us.
Level 2 A-B:
Level 2 has two different programs. Please see the details below because the tuition pricing and schedule is different. These are the age groups typical of our levels.
- Level 2A is recommended for ages 7-9
- Level 2B is recommended for ages 10-12
- We continuously evaluate your child and will make recommendations for them to move up a level as needed. The levels do not go by grade level. You can also request a placement evaluation by Ms. Saltmarsh.
Weekly Ballet Level 2 Days & Times:
- Monday 4:00 - 5:00pm Ballet Level 2B (10-12yrs)
- Monday 5 - 5:45pm, Level 2A (7-9 yrs old)
- Wednesday 4:00 - 5:00pm Ballet Level 2B (10-12yrs)
- Wednesday 5:00 - 6:00pm Contemporary Level 2
- Saturday 9:30 - 10:30am Pre-Pointe Mixed Level 2B & 3
Level 2A Tuition Incudes:
- 1 Ballet Class per week
- See pricing, due dates and payment information below
- Ask about optional+ add-on classes
Level 2B Tuition Includes:
- 2 weekly after school Ballet classes +
- 1 weekly (Saturday morning) Ballet, Pre-Pointe and Contemporary class +
- 1 weekly after school Contemporary class per week.
- See pricing, due dates and payment information below.
Registration is open for the 2023-2024 Season!
- New students may need a placement evaluation to determine which class level is appropriate. Sign up for the class you intend based on age group. We'll help you determine what's best for your child.
- If your child is under 7 years old, please see Level 1.
- If your child is under 10 and wants to take Ballet and Contemporary classes or more than one class per week, then reach out to us to discuss placement and you can select Level 2B when you register.
- Classes are organized and priced for the year (for 10 months Aug - May) and can be pro-rated at the monthly rate if starting later in the year.
- We observe the listed holidays as shown on the Weekly Schedule & Holidays for all classes. These are worked into the total tuition for the year.
Tuition Details and Payment Due Dates for Level 2B:
- Level 2B program includes weekly Ballet, Pre-Pointe and Contemporary classes. We recommend for ages 10-12 years old.
- Monthly Tuition for Level 2B is $190 per month. Discounts are available if you are paying annually or bi-annually. Listed on the registration form.
- Monthly Tuition is due by 1st of the month. A late fee of $25 is added after 5th. You pay $190 per month for 10 mos. Aug - May. The first payment is due Aug. 1. The last payment of monthly tuition is due May 1st. If you are starting after the 1st of the month, you need to pay for that month before you start your classes.
- Everyone has at least one end-of-year performance opportunity.
- Parents have the opportunity to see their child's progress during our in-house friends and family showing events. We will use our floor space and our stage area for kids and families to participate in these events.
- Students in this level are participating more than once a week and are improving their technique in pre-pointe Saturday classes and ballet and contemporary classes during the weekdays.
Tuition Details and Payment Due Dates for Level 2A:
- Level 2A program includes a weekly ballet class. We recommend for ages 7-9.
- Monthly Tuition for Level 2A is $? per month. Discounts are available if you are paying annually or bi-annually. Listed on the registration form.
- Monthly Tuition is due by 1st of the month. A late fee of $25 is added after 5th. You pay $? per month for 10 mos. Aug - May. The first payment is due Aug. 1. The last payment of monthly tuition is due May 1st. If you are starting after the 1st of the month, you need to pay for that month before you start your classes.
- Everyone has at least one end-of-year performance opportunity.
- Parents have the opportunity to see their child's progress during our in-house friends and family showing events. We will use our floor space and our stage area for kids to participate.
- Students in this program only have one ballet class per week. Inquire about optional+ add-on classes.
Ballet Level 2 Attire:
- Ballet Pink/Skin Tone Tights. We recommend convertible types with hole in the foot and a wide waist band for comfort.
- Split sole leather ballet slippers in ballet pink / skin tone (girls) and black ballet slippers (boys). Match the color of shoes to the tights choice. For example, pink shoes with pink tights or tan shoes with tan tights.
- Girls class leotard: The Level 2A and 2B classes may have different color leotards. Ask before you buy. You can wear a black or prior Saltmarsh Dance leotard to your classes until your leo is available.
- Boys wear black dance tights or black shorts and a white t-shirt.
Contemporary 2 Class Details
In this age group, we introduce Contemporary forms of dance that include Martha Graham techniques, modern dance and lyrical components. The Level 2B tuition includes this class. Inquire about optional+ add-on for 2A.
Contemporary 2 Class Attire:
- Black tights (can add over top of the others if ballet class before it)
- Bare feet or jazz shoes
- Girls wear same leotard as ballet 2B
- Boys wear black dance tights or black shorts and a white t-shirt
Saltmarsh Dance is a non-profit organization and operates on a tuition based program that covers the tuition term and outstanding teachers. For those who select the monthly fee tuition plan or any other, this is still an agreement for the entire dance season. We work together as a team and other dancers rely on your participation. Missing a scheduled class or being out for holidays is not a reason for refund and a makeup time may not be possible and is not required. Injuries or illnesses that require you to be out for awhile and later return are not eligible for refund. If you need to cancel before the year ends due to a move to another city, job loss or a serious injury or illness that prevents further participation during the year, please prepare a written request to cancel for a partial refund consideration. A 30+ day notice is required for cancelation considerations and will be reviewed individually.